Improving your Twitter strategy is one of the best ways to enhance your overall social media marketing efforts. With these 33 Twitter tips, in 140 characters or less, you can easily elevate your Twitter savviness.
Start by sharing your presentations with your Twitter followers, and then work your way through the rest of these powerful tips from to increase your brand’s exposure and credibility.
1. Define a brand voice based on your company’s personality and your audience. Use that voice consistently.
2. Choose a Twitter handle that is brand related and easy to remember.
3. Immediately ditch the egg avatar. Upload your logo or your headshot to your profile.
4. Start now. Studies show that an active Twitter presence can help a business generate more revenue.
5. Show up in searches. “Key to the registration process is using the right keywords in your biography.”
6. Learn the culture and the lingo. “Use Twitter as if you actually use Twitter.”
7. To grow your community, add your Twitter ID to your email signature, articles, and other content.
8. To be social, you need to respond when you are mentioned. Invest in a social media monitoring tool.
9. Harness the power of Twitter karma. “Start retweeting, replying to and favoriting other people’s tweets.”
10. Twitter never sleeps. Automate some tweets to reach early birds, night owls, and different time zones.
11. Develop a process. Find Twitter tools that work for you.
12. “Tweet a lot. Studies have shown that people who tweet frequently attract more followers.
13. Don’t be a salesperson on Twitter. Instead, be informative, entertaining and social.
14. Punchy tweets get engagement. Aim for 125 characters or less.
15. Use one to two #hashtags per tweet for maximum engagement.
16. Create lists. “Twitter lists are its most powerful and least-used feature.”
17. Get involved. “Respond to tweets which relate to your industry.”
18. Follow the “Two Ears, One Mouth” rule. “Make sure you listen and research before you speak.”
19. Do a competitor analysis. Try these tools: @SimplyMeasured @SocialMention @WildFireApp @TweetReachApp @AllTwtr http://ethr.ee/1qqdHlI
20. Research prospects. “Check out your leads’ most recent tweets prior to jumping on a sales call.”
21. Directly target your audience with promoted tweets. Aim to build credibility. Don’t be spammy.
22. “Add links. Link your tweets to interesting articles you find.”
23. Reach more people. “Schedule your updates to post just before or after the hour.”
24. “Do not auto direct messages. Optify suggests AutoDM use led to a 245% increase in unfollow rate.”
25. Use Google to search Twitter. “Type ‘site:twitter.com’ and enter your search term.”
26. “Hosting a creative contest or sweepstake is a great way to improve engagement on Twitter.”
27. When sharing content, mix it up. “Use both ‘title tweets’ and ‘copy tweets.’”
28. When tweeting promotional content, try skipping the hashtags and @mentions so your message is clear.
29. Be trendy. “Participating in Twitter trends is a great way to join a worldwide public conversation.”
30. Be visual. Images dramatically increase social media engagement.
31. Add text to your images to make your visuals more engaging.
32. If you are presenting at a conference, add a live Twitter feed to your PowerPoint presentation.
33. Share presentations on Twitter. SlideShare embeds are fully functioning on Twitter.