Social Media Marketing Trends That Will Dominate 2017
Throughout the years, the world of social media marketing has evolved from a mere fad into one of the most indispensable tools in marketing. As we begin 2017, new trends and shifts will surely shape the face of this industry again, from this year onward. To ensure that your social media marketing strategy and tactics are up to date, having a strong footing on these latest trends is now a must.
Social media is one of the fastest changing industries out there. Sometimes a cutting-edge technology changes the social game, or an old idea (e.g. virtual reality) gains viral popularly. Either way, the results always have a huge impact and 2017 will be no different.
Although there is a lot of uncertainty going into 2017, one area in which analysts remain consistently bullish about is the world of social media. With an astonishing amount of people using Facebook and other platforms, there’s no surprise that advertisers want to capitalize upon that traffic.
It’s clear now that social media marketing is here to stay, and its massive staying power is attributable to one key characteristic—the fact that social media keeps evolving. It responds to new tech like mobile devices, constantly exceeds users’ expectations, and competes within itself to bring us more and better features. Here’s what you should consider to make the most out of your social media marketing efforts this year:
- More live-stream videos.
- Increased capitalization of chat-bots.
- Increased usage of ephemeral contents.
- More social media platform consolidations.
- Increased usage of multi-channel digital marketing strategies to address the challenges in acquiring organic social traffic.
- The use of virtual reality and augmented reality in social media, especially on Facebook, as a norm.
- More personalized content and ads.
- More traction for social media influencers.